'Engagement' Dissected

Engagement has become one of those fashionable bullshit terms that people spout to try to sound current or interesting. Often these same halfwits proclaim the end of interruptive advertising as an effective way of marketing. 'Engagement': Fashionable Yet Bankrupt by Martin Weigel, Head of Planning at Wieden + Kennedy, Amsterdam is the most thorough and well-researched and dissection of the claims of the engagement bullshitters that I've read. Well worth a read if you are so inclined.

Found via Bob.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this interesting post.
    I shall immediately like you on Facebook, add you to my LinkedIn network and follow you on Twitter.
    If there is there any user-generated content I can provide, do let me know as I'm always eager to share pictures or upload video.
    I will of course tweet about this post and mention it on my blog.
    Do you have an app?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.