La Antena

A couple of weeks ago whilst galavanting around East London like the pretentious cock I am, I found myself in Spitalfields market at the East End Film Festival's screening of La Antena (trailer below). 

For those who don't know, La Antena is an Argentinian, black & white, Part-silent film about an evil media tycoon known as Mr.Tv who has stolen the voices of an entire city (bar a singer and a child with no eyes).

It is probably the best film (visually) I have ever seen. Every shot is like an arty-farty black and white vintage photograph. There's also some really nice typography in there too.

So if you're interested in all things that look nice, or like me you enjoy watching foreign films because it makes you feel all cultured and fancy, I strongly suggest you watch it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.