A Taste Of Our First Commercial For Drambuie



Our first TV and cinema work for Drambuie breaks this week, building on the A Taste Of The Extraordinary idea launched last year (see the first work here). It previewed at a cinema screening in Canada and will run over here, starting in Scotland, in the run up to Christmas, before being rolled out in Drambuie's other markets around the world. It's fair to say it has been one of the most challenging things we've worked on, not least because we knew we were setting ourselves a very high bar to live up to the promise of Extraordinary on the big and small screen.

A huge thanks is in order to all of the talented people who were part of bringing it to life, the fantastic director Chino Moya and producer Jeremy Goold at HSI, DoP Ray Coates, editor Rich Orrick at Work Post; Eileen, Chris and the gang at MPC; PC, Phil and Fred at Yellow Boat Music for the soundtrack, Tom Joyce at Factory for the sound design, and the indefatigable Fiona Plumstead for pulling it all together. The final word of huge thanks I'll reserve for the team at Drambuie, who deserve huge credit for sharing and supporting our desire to do ambitious advertising, while the majority of the alcoholic drinks category remains largely bereft of ideas and plays it safe. Time for a drink.

8 comments:

  1. Most ambitious ad I've seen for a long time. It's a brave client that lets its agency channel the spirit of early David Lynch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird and wonderful, I love it. Spices, Spices, Spices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a kid, I lived in Chicago and worked as a nightshift cashier (4PM-12AM) in a Rush Street liquor store. My father--who was Churchillian in his alcohol appetites--loved that I had the job. I was able to bring him home a bottle of Drambuie about three times a week.

    I never actually tried the stuff. It seemed life cough medicine to me. But your spot is intriguing and almost forty years later, you've tempted me.

    Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too was going to say that it's very Lynchian. I love it! My only concern is that a lot of consumers may discard it as a little too weird or even creepy. Again, I myself love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like it. Really like it. Good to see someone still making work like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, well played gents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think this is great. it really rattles the old mind cage with sharp stick. nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all for your kind comments, much appreciated. George, I hope you do try it, that's what this lark is all about after all.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.